1. Visit Your Local Irish Pub
Take part in St Patrick’s Day festivities by heading down to your nearest Irish pub and sampling some Guinness or Corned Beef. It’s a great way to have a night out with flatmates. Just Google “Irish Pub” to find the nearest one to you.
- Try an Irish Inspired Recipe
If you prefer a night in, why not try an Irish home-cooked dinner instead. Here are 3 easy-to-cook recipes to help you celebrate:
- Cottage pie – Homelife.com.au
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Calzones – Allrecipes.com.au
- Sausages And Champ Mash With Eschalot Gravy Recipe – Taste.com.au
- Watch an Irish Movie Classic
The Irish are known for producing a long list of award-winning films. Watching one these Classics is a great way to wind down for the night with your flatmates or friends:
- The Commitments
- My Left Foot
- In The Name of the Father
- The Snapper
- Create Your Own Irish Trivia Night
Get into the spirit of St Patrick’s Day by holding your own trivia night with your flatmates or friends. Quizzing each other with questions about music, movies, sport and all things Gaelic together with some nibblies can make for a great night at home. You can find some quiz questions at Brownielocks.com and IrishTrivia.com.
- Relive Your Favourite Irish Memories
Sharing travel stories, listening to your favourite Irish band or looking at old photos are just a few ways you can reminisce and celebrate St Patrick’s Day with your flatmates. It gives you the chance to relive happy memories while creating some new ones.
No matter which way you decide to celebrate, we wish you a Happy St Patrick’s Day and all of the luck of the Irish.